The Property Accountant manages and executes the financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and cash flow process for assigned entities. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager. In addition to the qualities outlined above, the ideal candidate will possess Harvest’s values of integrity, teamwork, balance, adaptability, and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, tenant escalation calculations and billings, variance analyses, cash flows, and special reporting as required
- Responsible for inter-company reconciliations
- Ensure financial reporting packages are completed and delivered to clients timely and accurately
- Provide advice and guidance to property teams in the preparation of annual budgets, ongoing forecasts/cash flow statements, and general questions
- Ensure Client policy and procedure compliance for all entities
- Provide accounting detail and assistance to internal/external auditors
- Assist with cash receipts and cash disbursement functions as needed
- Implement and maintain internal controls for key processes
- Ensure all accounting activities maintain appropriate controls, comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, comply with corporate policies and guidelines, and consistently adhere to accepted accounting standards
- Special projects as requested
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ Commercial real estate experience
- Development accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP (specifically, real estate)
- Strong analytical ability; understands details as well as big picture; presents meaningful conclusions
- Strong customer focus; strong team player capable of providing results under tight deadlines
- Well organized; self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Analyze issues quickly and resolve them promptly
Accounting or finance degree from an accredited university is required.
- Proficiency in PC-based software; experience in MRI and/or Yardi desired.
- Ability to learn and use other software programs as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.