The Corporate Accountant is responsible for supporting the accounting team and preparing the financial reporting for corporate/assigned entities. In addition to the qualities outlined above, the ideal candidate will possess Harvest’s values of integrity, teamwork, balance, adaptability, and results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reporting packages, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, property billbacks, variance analyses and special reporting as required
- Prepare journal entries to all corporate entities
- Review month-end A/R aging reports and monthly recurring property billbacks
- Review weekly corporate accounting invoices
- Review and reconcile employee out-of-pocket expenses and corresponding property billbacks
- Assist Accounting Associates in all aspects of their roles
- Assist as a System Admin for our AP approval system
- Assist in preparing corporate accounting tax packages for corporate entities
- Assist with cash disbursement functions as needed
- Provide advice and guidance to the company on corporate accounting topics and answer general questions
- Establish and maintain a strong system of internal controls
- Ensure all accounting activities maintain appropriate controls, comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, comply with corporate policies and guidelines, and consistently adhere to accepted accounting standards
- Ensure client policy and procedure compliance for all entities
- Utilize technology to streamline processes
- Special projects as requested
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Commercial real estate experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical ability; understands details as well as big picture; presents meaningful conclusions
- Strong customer focus; strong team player capable of providing results under tight deadlines
- Well organized; self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of property management in relation to financial accounting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Analyze issues quickly and resolve them promptly
Accounting or finance degree from an accredited university is required.
- Proficiency in PC-based software; experience in Yardi desired.
- Ability to learn and use other software programs as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.