This entry-level position supports the accounting and operations teams by completing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Coordinate payments to vendors; batch payables, print checks, review payment history, and account resolution
- Coordinate with Property Accountants to prioritize invoice payments
- Manage invoice inbox; routing invoices to properties, void invoices as needed
- Stuff envelopes, apply postage, and mail envelopes with checks, invoices, or other documents
- Assist with posting of cash receipts and charges for property billbacks
- Assist with year-end processes: storage, creating new folders, 1099s etc.
- Sort and file documents. Set up new files as needed
- Perform calculations and analysis as needed
- Special projects as requested
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Ability to learn Yardi and other accounting systems.
- Ability to learn and use other software programs as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have very good verbal and written communications skills, problem solving and attention to details skills.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, committed, team-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong customer focus; strong team player capable of providing results under tight deadlines
- Well organized; self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities
Undergraduate degree required. Accounting or Business degree preferred; will consider senior-year accounting/business student.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.