Associate Project Manager - Commercial
The associate project manager will be responsible for the the execution of standardized and recurring functions that are critical to the successful management of multiple construction projects ranging from interior tenant improvements to large-scale ground-up developments throughout the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate is some one with experience in construction, architecture, or project management and has a passion for buildings and learning the real estate industry. This position provides an opportunity to provide valuable assistance to the Construction and Development Directors on a wide variety of construction projects in vary phases from acquisition and initial design, thru entitlements and city approvals, as well as during construction and project closeout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide construction administration and operational support to the development team from project initiation through project closeout.
• Contribute to successful project completion by conducting construction and project management responsibilities in support of the construction/development team.
• Participate and represent Harvest Properties in construction and project coordination meetings.
• Lead organization efforts of project documentation, drawings, proposals, contracts and agreements.
• Review construction documents including drawings, specifications and reports.
• Assist with obtaining, uploading, distributing, and retaining documentation throughout project life cycle.
• Preserve and enhance contractor, consultant, vendor, and supplier relations in the processing of invoices, managing contracts, and closing out projects.
• Assist development team with tracking and reporting on critical deliverables and performance metrics.
• Manage and perform reporting, data entry and invoice tracking associated with monthly construction draws.
• Manage and perform project reconciliation and closeout.
• Proactively track project milestones, assess construction progress, identify potential issues and take action before they become problems.
• Demonstrate continuous learning mindset by seeking out new learning and development opportunities, asking for and accomplishing stretch assignments, and willingness to take on new challenges.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Two or more years project management experience with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, numerous deadlines, and conflicting priorities.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Proficient with use of Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and project management software.
• Familiarity with architectural drawings; furniture, fixtures, and equipment; design and space planning concepts; construction costs and schedules.
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
• Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
•Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, interior design, business or equivalent.
- Proficiency in PC-based software; experience in Office 365 desired.
- Ability to learn and use other software programs as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.