Founded in 2002, Harvest Properties is a leading full service commercial real estate investment firm specializing in acquiring, developing, managing and financing commercial property, primarily through joint-venture investments in northern California. Harvest Properties strives to generate attractive returns for its financial partners and provide creative real estate solutions and outstanding service. Harvest Properties’ portfolio comprises of approximately ten million square feet of office, industrial, R&D, and retail properties in the Bay Area. For more information, please visit www.harvestproperties.com.
The Asset Director is responsible for adding value to assets under management by executing business strategies for a large portfolio of office and industrial properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the operations director, property managers, project managers and leasing agents, to provide direction and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, renewals, analysis and approvals
- Manage all leasing and marketing efforts for the portfolio (new and renewal activity) including the construction process and broker relationships
- Management of large capital projects
- Ensure capital and operations projects are managed successfully with outstanding customer service
- Maintaining relationships with institutional clients and brokerage community
- Drive strategy and direction for portfolio consistent with global guidelines and vision
- Maximize total return for each assigned asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying value-add opportunities for improved performance
- Assist in the identification and due diligence of potential acquisitions
- Assist with and review annual budget development, financial reports, expense reconciliations, and cash flow analysis
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years professional experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, real estate, finance or related field
- Autonomy to oversee your own portfolio with support from upper management
- Keen understanding of the local market, construction management, vendor management and customer service
- Highly competent with computers and software, including: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Good working knowledge of real estate software programs such as: Yardi and Kardin
- Strong understanding of property accounting/financial reporting
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Proven self-starter who sets aggressive goals, is proactive and consistently gets results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and successfully execute tactics independently
- Proven ability to multitask, follow through, and reprioritize efficiently
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.