Commercial Assistant Property Manager
This role assists in all administrative and accounting aspects necessary for the efficient operation and management of a portfolio of buildings including tenant/vendor relations, lease administration, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting and team support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Courteously answer incoming calls; handle responses to customer requests and/or complaints; establish and maintain favorable customer relations
· Maintain and oversee project amenities (if applicable) including, but not limited to, conference center scheduling, fitness center applications, distributing access cards, etc.
· Maintain online work order system by updating tenant information and entering work orders as needed; follow up with tenants and engineers on tenant requests
· Management of day-to-day vendor performance; inspect buildings on an ongoing basis to ensure functionality
· Code and/or approve invoices for payment; obtain/complete and process accounting forms as required (i.e. W-9 form)
· Prepare tenant billings for recurring charges, special work requests and other charges (i.e. electrical usage, work authorizations, etc.)
· Follow up and expedite collection of all accounts receivable (i.e. rent) as necessary; review charges with tenant when invoice is in dispute or needs clarification
· Review aged delinquency report and tenant’s lease for late charge calculations and apply late charges to accounts
· Review and send correspondence; rent increase letters, commencement letters, etc. in a timely manner
· Maintain rent roll and lease files in system; review for accuracy monthly
· Prepare and/or assist in preparation of monthly financial and variance reports
· Maintain a working knowledge of lease agreements and administration of related documents
· Prepare and/or assist in annual budget preparation and year-end reconciliations
· Assist in negotiating, preparation, and maintenance of standard service contracts
· Coordinate moves of tenants in and out of the building
· Maintain current Certificates of Insurance for all tenants and vendors; point of contact for outsourced insurance vendor; monitor insurance status regularly to insure compliance
· Assist with execution of emergency and evacuation procedures (i.e. fire drills)
· Special projects as requested
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of employees within designated area. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2 – 3 years’ experience in property management of a commercial real estate is required.
· Must have very good oral and written communications skills.
· Strong customer service skills required.
Undergraduate degree required.
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Competent in accounting systems.
· Ability to use other software programs as required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (preferred)
· Industry specific experience
· Experience with business and management principles and practices
· Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices
· Knowledge of project management principles and practices
Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. It requires effective eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. It also requires the ability to speak, hear, to use hands and fingers to feel and handle or operate controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and kneel.